20-10-10 is a quality NPK fertiliser which has been the standard treatment for paddocks and pasture for many years. This product is ideal for general maintenance or to feed grass for intensive hay production and grazing. The application rate will depend on how many times you intend to apply the product and also what the grass is going to be used for. If you want to find out what is in your soil and the amount of fertiliser you will require, then look at our Paddock Soil Analysis.
For a general feed we recommend 2 bags per acre (50kgs). If the area is going to be used to grow hay, or intensively grazed, then look to apply 3 bags per acre (75kgs). 20-10-10 can be kept in storage until you require it providing it is stored in a dry and well ventilated area. Apply either by hand or through one of our spreader applicators.
If you really want to make your paddocks look good, consider over-seeding with Paddock Grass Seed. This will help to fill out any bare or thin patches.
Understanding Fertiliser Analysis:
- Under the metric system the unit of measurement is a kg.
- Recommendations are given in kg/ha.
- A fertiliser with the analysis 20:10:10 contains: 20% nitrogen, 10% phosphate, 10% potassium.
- So in a 25kg bag: 20% of the 25kg is Nitrogen i.e. 5kg N, 10% of the 25kg is Phosphate i.e. 2.5kg P, 10% of the 25kg is Potassium i.e. 2.5kg K.
- Ideal for use on paddocks and pasture.
- Can be spread by hand or with a fertiliser speader.
- Can be used the majority of the year.
- Always read the product label before use.
- Do not graze until all fertiliser prills have completely disolved, typically 24 hours.
- If you are looking for a liquid fertiliser look at Nutri-gem Liquid.
- For applying by hand, consider using a Pro Fertiliser Spreader.
- Improve the pH of your soil by applying Granulated Lime.
- If you require a large amount, then look at our 20-10-10 Paddock Fertiliser Bulk Bag 600kg.
- If you require a more balanced amount of fertiliser 16-16-16 Nutrigrow Fertiliser is ideal.