Depitox is a selective herbicide for the control of many tough broad-leaved weeds (including ragwort) in amenity and agricultural grassland. It is most effective on docks, thistles, nettles, rush and ragwort. It is widely used as a mixer product as it is more effective this way. We would recommend mixing with another selective herbicide in order to increase its spectrum.
Keep livestock out of treated area until poisonous weeds such as ragwort have died and become unpalatable. It is also advised to keep livestock out for 1-2 weeks prior to application to allow lush growth. To gain better results, mix in with a herbicide enhancer called
Spray when the majority of plants are in the rosette stage and growing vigorously (normally in the autumn or spring) but before the flower spines start to grow. Ragwort treatment should always be part of a programme and repeat application may be necessary.
- Save money and time and mix in with Blue Dye to ensure no areas are missed or overdosed.
- Do not sow any crop into soil treated with Depitox for at least three months after applicaton.
- Not suitable for newly established grass or turf less than one year old.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Depitox.
- Want this product in a smaller bottle? We have Depitox 5L.