Doxstar Pro® is a foliar acting herbicide for the control of all dock species and chickweed in established grassland. This product is rainfast in 2 hours giving it an edge over any other dock weed killer. Doxstar Pro® also has one of the quickest grazing intervals which allows you to return livestock to treated areas after 7 days.
Dock weeds are perennial broad-leaved weeds that grow in grassland, gardens and woodland; they are a particularly difficult weed to manage due to their large leaves and roots combined with their tough and waxy exterior. Docks can re-populate at a rapid rate as seeds can be produced in abundance if left on a surface and they can also be imported via manure. They have a thick branched root which can regrow and re-populate if damaged; because of this it is important not to disturb dock weeds by trying to pull them out of the ground as they can easily snap. Docks can be hard to control once they have become established and in some cases it can take several years to fully eradicate them. Whilst mowing, rolling and grazing with sheep will help keep it at bay, they will not remove the problem. The only way to fully control is with a targeted application of herbicide.
Doxstar Pro® is one of the best products on the market for controlling tough docks in grassland. You will need to keep horses and livestock out of the treated area until poisonous weeds such as ragwort have died and become completely unpalatable.
- Foliar acting herbicide for thorough control and management of all dock species and chickweed in established grassland.
- Rainfast in 2 hours.
- One of the quickest grazing intervals- only 7 days.
- Always read the product label before use.
- Save time and money and mix with Blue Dye to ensure no areas are missed or overdosed.
- Doxstar Pro® is only permitted for Boom or ATV sprayer use.
- Apply Doxstar Pro® at 2.0 litres/ha in 300 to 400 litres of water as an overall treatment in the autumn or spring for the control of dock weed.
- For best results apply when the weed is actively growing. Docks need to be treated when in the rosette stage.
- For spot spraying with a knapsack consider Icade.
- If the grass (and therefore the weeds) has been cut or grazed it is recommended to leave for 2 to 3 weeks to allow for sufficient regrowth to occur before application.