Sultan 50SC is a residual herbicide for the pre- and post- emergence control of broad-leaved weeds, however it will also have some effect against grass weeds. It can be used around ornamental trees, shrubs and forestry making it an ideal replacement for Ronstar which was taken off the market in 2014.
Apply Sultan as an overall treatment to the area using a knapsack or boom sprayer. New plantings can be treated after lining out or transplanting once the plants are established and sufficiently hardened off to withstand treatment. This may require irrigation before application which will also ensure adequate soil moisture. Apply 1.5 litres of Sultan in 220-450 litres of water per hectare. Use the higher water volume when seedbeds are less than ideal to ensure adequate coverage.
Sultan will provide effective control the following weeds: chickweed, red dead-nettle, forget-me-not, mayweed, annual meadow grass, parsley piert, speedwell & sheppard's purse. It will also provide a degree of control against cleavers, cranesbill and poppy.
- Residual herbicide that offers both pre- and post-emergence control of a wide range of broad-leaved weeds.
- Ideal for use around ornamental trees, shrubs and forestry.
- Approved for application via a knapsack or boom sprayer.
- Always read the product label before use.
- Use Sultan as a replacement to Ronstar Liquid.
- You can use Sultan in conjunction with Kerb Flo & Falcon for grass weed control.
- Save time and money and mix with Blue Dye to ensure no areas are missed or overdosed.
- Keep livestock out of treated areas until poisonous weeds (such as ragwort) have died and become unpalatable.
- Avoid spraying Sultan in windy conditions as drift may cause damage to neighbouring crops or plants.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Sultan.