ThistleX® weed killer effectively controls creeping and spear thistles in established grassland, permanent paddocks and pasture. As thistles are self-fertile (enabling them to spread at a rapid pace) it is crucial that they are killed right down to the root so there is less chance of re-growth. As a foliar acting herbicide, ThistleX® is perfect for use on thistles as the active ingredients are translocated to the roots effectively killing the entire plant and preventing re-growth. For best results treat when the grass and thistles are actively growing and aim to spray when the thistle is at rosette stage- approx 200mm in width. ThistleX® also provides effective control against dandelion, clover, mayweed, vetch and tare.
Please note, this product is not approved for use through a knapsack sprayer.
Keep livestock out for 7 days or until poisoned weeds have decomposed.
- Effectively controls creeping and spear thistles in grassland, paddocks and pasture.
- Kills right down to the root preventing any chance of re-growth.
- Effective on weeds such as dandelion, clover, mayweed, vetch and tare.
- If you require a product which has a wider range of controlable weeds, try Headland Polo.
- If you are using a knapsack sprayer then use Grazon Pro.
- Save time and money and mix in with Blue Dye to ensure no areas are missed or overdosed.
- Spray on actively growing weeds to ensure maximum control.
- Apply ThistleX® at 1.0 litre/ha in 200 to 400 litres of water. Use the higher volume of water where the weeds are large at the time of application or where grass is dense.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves when handling ThistleX®.
- Want to know more about creeping thistles? We have a