Bent Grass Seed is used widely on golf and bowling greens. A 100% brown top bent grass seed (also known as common bent) mixture. Regularly used through the season for over seeding or renovation. Bent creates and exceptionally dense surface that can be mown down to heights of 4mm and below. Browntop bent seed is incredibly fine. One bag will cover around 10 times the area that a standard ryegrass/fescue mixture would cover.
- 80% ABERROYAL Browntop Bentgrass
- 20% HIGHLAND Browntop Bentgrass
- Suitable in free-draining sand soils, through to more moisture-retentive soils
- Widely used on golf and bowling greens
- Exceptional shoot density
- Thrives on dry and slightly moist soils
- Capable of being mown to heights of 4mm
- The small seeds mean that it can be sown into an existing grass expanse without significant surface disturbance
- If possible, do not treat for weeds until grass is older than 6 months old
- Treat annually with 9-7-7 Fertiliser to maintain a healthy sward
- Use our Lawn Soil Analysis service to find out exactly what nutrients are available and to get a tailored fertiliser plan if require.